Subject: thingies
From: Formula One Licensew <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 95 02:13:54 GMT

On Sat, 9 Dec 95 Darryl_Lewis wrote:
 FOL> AMOSZINE:
 FOL> You may or may not of heard of AmosZine. It is an Amos disk mag
 FOL> (nah!)
 FOL> currently on issue 9. It is supported mainly by F1 Licenceware
 FOL> coders
 FOL> and we need your help. See current Amiga Shopper for a demo version
 FOL> or
 FOL> in Dev/Amos/ on the Aminet it should be there soon. It contains full
 FOL> details of how to submit articles/source etc. And best of all major
 FOL> contributers get it FREE.

Let me know when it's up there. I've got heaps of articles that I've
written that I can send you. All I need is the details....

I haven't uploaded it yet as I only have Email at mo, prob join Internet
after Christmas (got to talk the missues into it first you see :-)
If anyone would be so kind to ul it for me I would appreciate it.
It is on last months Amiga Shopper cover disk along with Intos, it is PD
now even though it was an exclusive for AS at the time. If anyone does
upload it for me let me know and I will send you something nice by snail
mail, so give me your address in a private mailing.

Thanks Darryl, we need all the help we can get, Emailwill get on the next issue absolutely ANYTHING Amos related will probably be
used as long as it is new-ish/technically correct and above all interesting.
Andy Gibson (the Editor) will send you a free copy if you submit enough to
be classed as a major contributer, he is very fair, but he is only snail
mail so include your address somewhere.

FOL> I stated in an earlier posting that Francois is trying to sell
FOL> (rumour)
FOL> the source code to Amos Pro/All Amos stuff? Which would be a good
FOL> explanation as to why Epress were slightly reluctant to give it
FOL> away!

DL> can you find out how much they want for the source?

As it is only a rumour I am a bit loath to approach anyone at this stage.
I will try to mention it next time I talk to a big nob at Epress, which will
probably be a few months. If I do find out don't be surprised if it is 
silly money! i.e. Telephone numbers.

Re: The Aga extension/Pro Compiler

Just to clear this up once and for all, F1 Licenceware have the full legal
rights to sell the (ex-Amiganuts/Petra Software) Aga extension.
It is now 3.99. Though the previous seller appeared not to have honoured
some customer orders (fact! He ripped off my mates 10 and he is in for a
shock soon!) F1 Licenceware have been trading 2 years and have built up a
good/honest/reliable reputation with the mags/programmers and our customers.
YOU WILL NOT GET RIPPED OFF BY F1. Anything ordered goes out within 24hours.

F1 also have the full legal rights (a signed contract with Europress, with
Francois Lionets permisson) to distribute the Pro Compiler for a limited
period of time. It costs 14.99 (20.00 less than original price) and we
have to pay Epress a rather generous royalty on that. If you need to know
more your best bet is to get a free F1 cat disk I suppose I could Email you
one, once I get the hang of UU, I haven't tried it yet but think I can do
it. If I have any trouble I am sure someone will help me? I have only had a
modem a few weeks dudes!! So be gentle on me for now ;-)

To Andy Church:
Thanks Andy for the Intuition Extension Demo, looks really good.
Am I blind/daft/stupid/all of those? I can't find the price for the full
version in the docs. How much is it in sterling? Also how about a special F1
Licenceware version? Maybe an older full version? Just an idea. Not many
Amos users outside this list have even heard of your great extension and
it would serve as a great advert for you. Failing that I may be able to help
you get a full old version on a coverdisk. Only CU.Amiga reportedly pay
money for cover disks and that's only to the big boys apparently, the others
like Shopper/Format etc. You have to make your money by selling a
newer/fuller version. Just some ideas for you mate. 

To all:
Thanks for the loads of replies to my recent postings all appreciated and I
try to answer them all and quickly. I have had a few glitches at my bbs
and it is possible (prob my fault) that I have lost a few postings so ifI
haven't replied to anyones questions it is not through being ignorant I
assure you. Please repost anything I haven't answered.
One more thing I am real busy during the week and so only check my mail 
a few times so most of mty replies will come back on weekends.

Any Horse racing peeps out there? Over the past year or so I have been
tinkering with a game called Punter. I released a really crap version into
PD yonks ago (V1.0) I was dreedful but got a fair bit of interest since
there aren't many sensible racing games with intelligent form and graphical
races (1-4 players) Anyway, Punter is improving quite well though the code
is a right old mess what with me constantly hacking away at it. Where was I
? Yes, the main game isn't too bad, still needs a lot of work on it, which
I can do but for the life of me I can't get a relistic animated race that I
am happy with. The one I have is just passable but as the central attraction
of the game is the race I need help. Any good graphic artist/coder willing
to give it a shot? I will send you the code, but I can only give the source 
to one person at a time as it will get silly and confusing otherwise. 

/\Steve Bye/\      [email-masked]

--------------------
|  F1 Licenceware  |
--------------------